But hey hoe.
Much of the frustration expressed over the weekend during the final few hours of Jacks was addressed towards CBC and a perceived lack of support for hyperlocal businesses.
Possibly so so, possibly not.
Like we said – it’s a tough old time out there. One would expect something of a *ahem* laissez faire approach to the free market in Sunny Colch coming out of a LibDem controlled Council.
What you need is the latest Enterprise e-newsletter [URGH] landing in your Inbox from our friends at Colchester Borough Council. Not much content in the February mail out, but it’s a half decent read, all the same.
Three items to note this month. Let’s start with the Annual Business Conference taking place in, um, Chelmsford.
The Anglia Ruskin hosted event takes place on 27th February. The call to conference arms asks:
“Are you a Director or Senior Manager?”
“Do you employ 5 or more people?”
“Does your business have an annual turnover of 100k or more?”
“Do you want to use design and innovation to gain market advantage?”
…you’re not really speaking our language, Comrades. But we’re sure that there is a market (clever) for the Annual Business Conference. There’s an early bird booking discount of £30 available with a clickety click over here.
The Chronic once sat through a management sales pitch where references were made to the early gazelle going for the kill. We fell asleep halfway through. Five minutes later and half the company had been made redundant.
Perhaps we should sign up for the Annual Business Conference after all.
“Essex County Council contributes 70% of the training cost (up to £2,000) with the business contributing the remaining 30% (plus any VAT that may be due). ECC can fund the one training course that will have the most impact on the business.”
No train, no gain, or something. Certain industry sectors are eligible for the grants.
“All training must be started by 31st March 2013. Due to the relatively short timescale to apply for and book the training, ECC recommend that applications should be made as soon as possible.”
blah blah blah.
Note how our enterprising friends from CBC have got in with the pre-emptive strike [GEDDIN, etc] by warning businesses of the potential CHAOS once the predestrianisation of the High Street (that isn’t really pedestrianisation) is introduced.
Got a gazelle to grill.